Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A trip to remember

Yesterday I returned from my week long trip to Israel. I went with an advocacy group and attended many pro-Zionism lectures. It was fascinating and definitely the best trip I've ever been on.

Not only is the country beautifully green and lush during the month of February, but its culture and meaning is  clearly displayed for everyone to see. Its history goes back thousands of years and as you walk the streets, dirt paths, and hilltops you can almost see its predecessors walking ahead of you. You can feel the presence of important individuals, such as Abraham or David, haunt the scene and remind you of the holiness of the land.

I know it sounds cliche but I completely fell in love with the land  and I hope to return soon. Israel really is my home away from home and I'm glad this trip opened my eyes to the importance and specialness of my homeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment